Friday, March 16, 2012

Ts for Missions

Everyday, there are people who put their hands, hearts, feet, souls, and minds into helping the people around them. These people are called missionaries. Missionaries take the world upon their shoulders and do everything within them to change what little they can in a dying and broken world. These missionaries take time from the comfort of life and family to do what most people aren't willing to do. They endure pain, heartache, loss, discomfort, and fatigue with their only reward being silence. But, these people have heart. They know that the small amount they are doing is changing lives. It's making a difference, and in the end, they will get that final "Well done my good and faithful servant". I think this will be the best reward of all for those people.
But, there are also people who do what they can from their home. They feed the homeless, they rescue the weary, they pray, and they support from a distance.
I love looking on the internet at sites that devote their time and resources to the hurting world. My favorite site is Sevenly. Sevenly is a website where every week they pick a new organization and make a T-shirt devoted to that organization. For that one week, you can buy that T and seven dollars from every purchase will go to that organization. It's a GREAT way to get informed about different organizations and how you can help them.  It's also a great way to get cute Ts. Come on now people, don't tell me you don't like cute clothes (PS: Dudes, they have epic Ts for guys). 
You really need to check this site out.http://sevenly.org/ .
They are really doing a great thing. So, from now on every Monday when they update the T, I will let you know. You really don't have an excuse not to check it out!!
Hugs




post signature
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you over on Colonial Quills where you are one of our WINNERS this week, Hannah! This is such a pretty blog! I added as a Follower! I have never heard of the sevenly website - sounds interesting. We do need to keep praying for missionaries, too. Thanks for the post and thanks for visiting us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following. I have never won anything like this (though believe me I wanted to). I'm not sure what you'll need from me. Just my address?

    ReplyDelete