Sunday, March 18, 2012

Light Bulb Necklace

 Yesterday was "light bulb changing day" here on the boat. We went through Mom and Dad's room and changed all three roof lights and changed out the bulbs with new ones. We fixed one light and I was astounded to see that as it burned out it turned into this cool swirly sort of blue. I decided that there was something that needed to be done with this. It was too cool just to throw out. 
So here's what I did:  This is a small light bulb. It's not like the ones in a normal house. First, I twisted the metal base off the light bulb. Now I just had the glass. (This step is a bit time consuming. You have to be patient and just slowly work the base off. You don`t want to break the glass.
Next, I made a loop out of crafting wire.
Then, I filled the groove of the light bulb with hot glue and stuck my loop inside.

Finally I slipped a black chain through the loop and low and behold, I had a light bulb necklace. It's possibly my most favorite necklace. 
Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the making process. Sorry ladies. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment